While the vast majority of nutrients we can receive from a healthy and balanced diet, nutrient deficiencies are still common among adults.
Why vitamin and nutrient deficiencies exist stem from diets that aren’t as well balanced, our bodies not processing certain nutrients correctly, or other factors. The lucky thing is that, in most cases, once a nutrient deficiency is identified, it can be remedied through dietary changes, vitamins, and supplements.
What Are The 7 Common Nutrient Deficiencies?
- Iron is essential to the body. Iron is the most common nutrient deficiency in the world, affecting 1 in 4 people.
- Iodine is essential for thyroid function and thyroid hormones, among other things. Iodine deficiency is also very common, affecting every 1 in 3 people.
- Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin and functions similar to a steroid hormone in the body. Nearly half of all Canadians have a vitamin D deficiency, rising to 75% of older adults, requiring a vitamin D supplement. Vitamin D-for-all from St. Francis Herb Farm is an excellent source that helps prevent Vitamin D deficiency.
- Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin, essential for brain and nerve function as well as blood formation. Every cell in our bodies need B12. Deficiency in B12 is common in vegetarians and vegans, affecting up to 9 in every 10 people.
- Calcium deficiency is also common, affecting roughly 10% of the population. Calcium is needed by every cell in the body. Calcium mineralizes bones and teeth, and is very important for bone maintenance.
- Vitamin A is an essential vitamin, used to help form and maintain skin, teeth, bones, and cell membranes. Approximately 1 in every 4 people in North America do not get enough vitamin D although the majority do.
- Magnesium is required for bone and teeth structure. Magnesium deficiency is common among older adults, affecting up to 4 in every 5 adults, and is often caused by disease, drug use, reduced digestive function, or a diet that is not balanced.
What Are The Signs Of Vitamin Deficiency?
Different vitamin deficiencies react differently. Some deficiencies may not be readily apparent until years later, with the development of certain chronic diseases and health conditions associated with nutrient deficiencies. Here are some of the more instant signs and symptoms of vitamin deficiency:
- Chronic pain.
- Fatigue and tiredness.
- A weakened immune system.
- Impaired brain functioning.
- Weight gain.
- Muscle weakness.
- Bone loss.
- Increased risks of developing chronic conditions.
How To Prevent Nutrient Deficiencies
The best way to prevent nutrient deficiencies is to address them with proper diet and vitamin supplementation. If you are looking for a reliable brand to buy supplements, St Francis Her Farm is a good choice. As one of the leading herbal supplement brands in Canada, it has strived to formulate the best herbal remedies for over 30 years. Take these supplements as directed and have your levels tested again in a few months, you may be surprised to see these deficiencies resolved naturally.
Find the best deal in vitamin and nutrient supplements at Lierre.ca 14th Anniversary Sale 2022 today, and shop vitamin C, zinc, calcium, vitamin D, vitamin B12, vitamin A, iron, magnesium, and more. Rebuild your diet and lifestyle right now.