Disinfecting wipes are like baby wipes except their gently moistened with a disinfectant. In a period of isolation, quarantining, and increased cleaning, disinfecting wipes have become a popular choice for households.
Lysol, Clorox, and other brands make disinfecting wipes that easily disinfect hard surfaces. Instructions are included on the label of these cleaning products. They aren’t always followed. When instructions aren’t followed, someone using a disinfectant may only be doing so in vain.
Common mistakes using disinfecting surface wipes of disinfectant solution spray include not following the directions, using a single wipe to clean all countertops, wiping down a surface with a disinfectant wipe and then using it immediately afterward, and using a paper towel to dry a freshly-disinfected surface.
To use a disinfectant wipe to kill COVID-19 and microbes, first and foremost, any instructions on the label should be followed. Here are the guidelines to follow when using Lysol or Clorox disinfecting wipes.
- Clean away any heavy soil or grease from the surface. This may require using soap and water or an all-purpose cleaner. Even medical-grade disinfectants won’t penetrate or remove anything solid on an object.
- Check the wipes you have. Ensure they are compatible with your surface. Though most disinfecting wipes are safe on non-porous surfaces, they might not be safe for worn surfaces or unfinished wood.
- Wipe down surfaces. Always start at the top and wipe down vertically. You want the surface to be left wet and shiny. Multiple wipes may be needed to cover large areas. A single wipe is only effective disinfecting across three square feet or less.
- Leave it alone. After you have wiped down your surface, let the surface dry. For all bacteria and viruses to be killed, a disinfected surface needs to be left alone for 4-10 minutes. Afterward, always allow it to be air-dried. Never wipe away a disinfectant.
- If you have your disinfectant on a surface used for food preparation or eating, allow it to fully dry. Then, rinse it down with water. Dry it with a towel. This is to ensure no residue is transferred from the surface onto food.
GermiCide3 disinfectant surface wipes are a fine choice in disinfectants. For this product, it’s only two minutes on any hard, non-porous surface. It kills any bacteria, fungus, and virus including COVID-19 in a matter of minutes.
Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces are the ultimate way to prevent the spread of COVID-19, keeping you and your family safe in these very hard times. Disinfecting wipes are convenient, although sprays may also be preferred by some.
Find the best disinfectant wipes in Canada at Lierre.ca. Order them. Use them. Tackle handles, light switches, door knobs, keyboards, remote controls, and more.