- Pure moxa rolls are made from Ai Ye (dried mugwort) that has a moisture content of less than 13%.
- The rolls will burn evenly and without sparks, while ensuring that it isn’t so dry that it loses any of its therapeutic effects.
- Can be used with acupuncture needles, as well as for indirect moxa heat treatment.
- Each roll is .71" x 7.87" (18 x 200 mm)
- Net weight is 23g per roll
- Burning time of each is about one hour.
- Packaged as 10 rolls per box
- Slow burning
- The rolls are tightly wrapped in a finely textured paper that burns at the same rate as the mugwort, making them easy to manipulate.
Outside of TCM, moxa sticks are sometimes also used for heat therapy, and to alleviate muscle and joint pains.
Light the moxa roll slowly, using a torch until the entire surface of the end is glowing evenly. Conventional lighters can make this more difficult, and lighting the stick unevenly will make the sticks harder to use.
Once the moxa roll is fully lit, hold it like a pen and gently move it around the areas suggested by your practitioner. Keep the moxa roll about 1-2 inches over the skin surface and remove it before it gets too hot.
As the moxa stick burns, ash will collect on the tip, blocking the heat. You need to gently scrape the end of the moxa roll on the edge of a dish or ashtray to remove the ash. This process needs to be repeated several times during a moxibustion; otherwise, the hot ash could drop off onto the skin.
After the treatment, you can use a moxa extinguisher to put off the burnings roll in 5 seconds. Water will also work, but too much water may cause the moxa roll to weaken or crack.
- Moxibustion should always be administered and used under the supervision of a qualified practitioner.
- Remove moxa immediately if the heat becomes uncomfortable.
- Do not use moxa on the face, soft skin, or other sensitive body areas.
- Do not use moxa on infants or young children. Do not use moxa on patients who are not able to accurately report heat or pain (i.e. elderly, patients with nerve damage, etc).
Free shipping on all orders over $69.00 (before tax) in Canada, some exclusions apply.(See details*)
Processing and delivery time
Orders are processed within 24 to 48 hours when products are in stock. Delivery time will take 1- 7 business days depending on your location in Canada.
We accept returns of unopened products up to 30 days after the date of purchase. Used products, or any items marked as non-refundable/Final sale are not within our return guidelines.
For public health safe purposes we cannot accept any returns from products in the following categories due to hygiene reasons except products are defective.
- Gua sha & reflexology tools
- Disposable table sheets
- Items which have been assembled or modified
- Herbal, books, charts and videos and medicine products
- If a product is returned for a reason other than defects, only the cost of the purchase is refundable. The shipping costs are non-refundable.
Cancellation of orders
When you want to cancel an order, you can call or email us. We encourage you to call us directly to avoid any delay. If your order has been shipped out, it can no longer be cancelled.
To make a return request, please call 450-973-2999 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org with your order ID. Please advise us items you want to return and our representative will reach soon
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.