- Pure moxa rolls are made from Ai Ye (dried mugwort) that has a moisture content of less than 13%.
- The rolls will burn evenly and without sparks, while ensuring that it isn’t so dry that it loses any of its therapeutic effects.
- Can be used with acupuncture needles, as well as for indirect moxa heat treatment.
- Each roll is .71" x 7.87" (18 x 200 mm)
- Net weight is 23g per roll
- Burning time of each is about one hour.
- Packaged as 10 rolls per box
- Slow burning
- The rolls are tightly wrapped in a finely textured paper that burns at the same rate as the mugwort, making them easy to manipulate.
Outside of TCM, moxa sticks are sometimes also used for heat therapy, and to alleviate muscle and joint pains.
Light the moxa roll slowly, using a torch until the entire surface of the end is glowing evenly. Conventional lighters can make this more difficult, and lighting the stick unevenly will make the sticks harder to use.
Once the moxa roll is fully lit, hold it like a pen and gently move it around the areas suggested by your practitioner. Keep the moxa roll about 1-2 inches over the skin surface and remove it before it gets too hot.
As the moxa stick burns, ash will collect on the tip, blocking the heat. You need to gently scrape the end of the moxa roll on the edge of a dish or ashtray to remove the ash. This process needs to be repeated several times during a moxibustion; otherwise, the hot ash could drop off onto the skin.
After the treatment, you can use a moxa extinguisher to put off the burnings roll in 5 seconds. Water will also work, but too much water may cause the moxa roll to weaken or crack.
- Moxibustion should always be administered and used under the supervision of a qualified practitioner.
- Remove moxa immediately if the heat becomes uncomfortable.
- Do not use moxa on the face, soft skin, or other sensitive body areas.
- Do not use moxa on infants or young children. Do not use moxa on patients who are not able to accurately report heat or pain (i.e. elderly, patients with nerve damage, etc).
this one doesn't have good quality,
also bought in chinatown just for $5.00.
moxa sticks work fine
Meilleur moxa le plus naturel pas de fumé sans feu.
I had used another brand before I purchased this one. Under comparison, this moxa is better for me
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.