Tips to reduce the appearance of cellulite, part 2
As a follow-up to our last article, we’ve outlined techniques and lifestyle changes that can help you reduce the appearance of cellulite and keep it from becoming more pronounced.
The basic technique for cupping massage is fairly simple and straight forward: apply massage products, squeeze cups and move the cups across your skin. However, for a more targeted anti-cellulite massage, you need to integrate a series of other techniques to your routine to enhance the effects of this approach. For example, stationary cupping, flash cupping and massage rollers can all be useful complements to cupping massage.
What you’ll need to reduce the appearance of cellulite?
Tools: 2 silicone cups, 1 anti-cellulite massage roller and Anti-cellulite massage gel and balm.
- Apply a sufficient amount of massage gels or balms on the desired area. The area should be fully covered, but not soaked.
- Using anti-cellulite massage roller to roll from the far end of the area to the closest to the heart. You should always roll on the same direction, do not roll forward and back.
- Apply massage gels or balms.
- Sanitize your silicone cups, squeeze your cup and place it on desired area. The suction level should be low at first, until you become used to it. Glide the cup in the same direction as the massage roller. Repeat this step for 2-4 minutes for each area.
- Move the cups in the same general direction, but in zigzag motions. This can smooth out your skin more uniformly, and increase circulation. Repeat this step for 1-2 minutes for each area.
- Move the cups in the same general directions, this time in circular motions. Repeat this step for 1-2 minutes for each part of your body with cellulite.
- The next step is stationary cupping. Squeeze the cups as tight as you can to create a high degree of suction, then place them on the skin. Move them very gently within a few centimetres, without relieving any pressure, in the same direction as before. Wait a few seconds, then move it again. This step is closer to a deep tissue massage. In any case, it will help drain remaining fluids. Repeat this step 1-2 minutes for each area.
- Place your cups on the area with medium suction, and remove cups from the skin quickly for a flash cupping treatment. Repeat this step for 1-2 minutes.
- Now slowly unwind from the massage. Using the massage roller, roughly roll over the areas of your body that you treated to release any remaining tension.
- The last step is optional, but you may want to clean and moisturize your skin at this point to make sure that it is as smooth as it can be!
Tips: Reduce suction level if you observe cupping marks after these treatments.
Suggestions for Cellulite Prevention
While cellulite is hard to completely avoid, here are some suggestions and advices for you to prevent the formation cellulite.
- Eating habits: Pay attention to the food you have because what you eat directly affects your skin.
- Drink a lot of water: Dehydrated skin appears duller and wrinkly, and a properly hydrated skin will look smoother, younger and more radiant. Try adding a slice of lemon or lime for more Vitamin C.
- Cut down on the caffeine: While one or two cups of coffee won’t make it any worse, overconsumption of caffeine – whether in energy drinks, sodas, coffee or tea – will also make your skin look less radiant.
- Double up on fruits and vegetables: Proper fibre consumption is linked to a reduced degree of cellulite.
- Avoid eating too much greasy, salty food: Overconsumption of salt in particular will make your skin look duller, and increase fluid retention in the skin. Trans-unsaturated fatty acids are also particularly bad.
- Exercising habits/working out habits: Building a stronger, more uniform muscle base under the layer of fat in your skin can help make it look smooth
- Reducing stress habits: High levels of stress are linked with a vast list of health complications, but also with poorer skin, break outs, and yes – cellulite.
As conclusion, having cupping therapy is an effective way to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Moreover, in order to prevent the formation of cellulite, you need to adjust your lifestyle like drink more water, cut down on the caffeine, and do more exercises.
If you are looking for acupuncturists who could treat reducing the appearance of cellulite, we recommend Clinic d’Acupuncture Laval. The acupuncturist Xiao Lei Wang is a professional TCM therapist with Quebec registered acupuncturist licence. He focuses on helping patients with Traditional Chinese medicine including acupuncture, moxibustion and cupping therapies. You could book an appointment on the website. However, if you are looking for some professional cupping sets, do not hesitate to visit Lierre.ca! We offer a wide variety of professional cupping sets that you desire!
All right reserved for the Lierre Blog Rossi, Ana BeatrisR;Vergnanini, Andre Luiz (2000). "Cellulite: A review". Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology 14 (4): 251–62. doi:10.1046/j.1468-3083.2000.00016.x. PMID 11204512. Pinna, K. (2007). Nutrition and diet therapy. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth. p. 178. *results can and will vary from each individual