Benefits of Body Massage Oil
The list of massage oils available is long. With dozens to choose from on Black Friday deals, understanding what the right massage oil is doesn’t require as much research as one might believe. Different oils suit different purposes. Here is what to look for in massage oils, gels, creams, and lotions.
Massage oils are used for a range of purposes. They lubricate the skin, making it easy to glide hands over the body. A lot of oils absorb into the body as well, making the skin more supple, reducing discomfort when there’s movement on the muscle.
Massage oils are also scented, often prepared with essential oil to aid in creating a relaxing atmosphere.
What Massage Oils to Buy
With massage oils, gels, creams, and lotions, you also have heavier and lighter oils to choose from. Lighter oils work for heavier, deeper massages, such as sports massage and deep tissue. Comparatively, heavier oils are better for low-friction massages and relaxation.
You also have to consider that there could be a reaction on the skin for you or others. A hypoallergenic massage oil should be readily available for such occasions.
Popular Massage Oils
There are several massage oils that are relied on by most massage therapists. If you are unsure about what to use, here are some relied-upon oils.
- Sweet almond oil is a must-have for a lot of massage therapists. It’s light and easily absorbed into the skin, and is pH neutral and perfect for all skin types.
- Grapeseed oils are filled with vitamin E, proteins, and minerals, and are also a light oil. Grapeseed is rich in linoleic acid as well which has its own skin benefits.
- Avocado oil is preferred for dry, scaly skin and is a perfect for someone suffering from eczema.
- Jojoba oil is an ideal for oily and sensitive skin types, and is unlikely to cause problems.
- Apricot oils are a moisturizer-friendly oil and is a great massage oil for dehydrated skin.
This Black Friday, it’s a great chance to look into the different types of oils and replenish your inventory. A massage therapist can work with not only any of the oils mentioned but so many of others. As a start, think about the type of massage you want to give, the skin types you will be working with, and what the best oil is for you.
Shop all types of massage oils, creams, lotions, and more at Lierre.ca this month. For a lot of massages, you won’t believe the impact the right oils can have, making things easier on both the recipient and the practitioner. Find the right massage oil for you today at Lierre.ca.