How to get rid of dark circles under your eyes?
Dark circles under the eyes happen when the skin beneath both eyes appears darkened. They are common in both men and women. Even though these dark circles are physically harmless, many people, especially women, want to get rid of them and look pretty. But how?
What cause dark circles under the eyes?
People develop dark circles for a variety of reasons:
- Age: Natural aging is a common cause of dark circles beneath your eyes. As you get older, your skin becomes thinner. Therefore, the dark blood vessels beneath will become more visible and causing the area below your eyes to darken.
- Fatigue: Sleep deprivation can cause dullness and paleness on your skin, and allowing for dark tissues and blood vessels beneath to show.
- Eye Strain: The strain on your eyes can cause blood vessels around to enlarge. Therefore, the skin surrounding your eyes is darken.
- Allergies: Your body will release histamines in order to respond the harmful bacteria when you have allergy. Histamines can cause your blood vessels to dilate and become more visible.
- Dehydration: Dehydration is a common cause of dark circles under your eyes. Your skin beneath your eyes will look dull and sunken if your body is not receiving enough water.
- Sun Overexposure: Sun overexposure can cause your body to produce excess amount of melanin-the pigment that provides your skin with color. Thus, it further causes pigmentation in the surrounding skin to darken.
- Genetic Components: Family history also plays a part in developing dark circles under your skin. Other medical conditions like thyroid disease can also result in dark cycles under your eyes.
How to get rid of dark circles under the eyes?
Just as they are not caused by a single factor, there is no single magic bullet to get rid of dark circles under your eyes. However, there are some advices for you to deal with them in a natural way.
1. Drink more water and eat less salt.
Both dehydration and salt over-consumption can lead to water retention, and to a more visibly dull skin – as well as to pouches and circles under the eyes. Changing your diet slightly might go a long way to improve your skin!
2. Get more – and better – rest.
It’s no wonder that bags and circles under your eyes make you look tired: often, it’s because you are. Ensuring that you sleep regular, longer hours can help prevent them long and short term. Sleep quality, which can be improved by wearing ear plugs, or sleeping on a more supportive mattress and pillow, can also greatly contribute to them. While we’re on the subject of sleep, here’s another important tip: sleep with your head elevated and on your back to prevent fluids from pooling around your sinuses!
3. Quit smoking.
Everyone knows they should do it, but no one wants to hear it. Nevertheless, smoking is plain terrible for your health, and that included your skin! Add bags and dark circles to your reasons to quit. Looking for a more natural way to quit? Consult an acupuncturist! This practice has been proven to be extremely effective in boosting rates of cessation.
4. Try facial cupping and massage.
Facial cupping and massage has endless applications – and one of them is to reduce the appearance of dark circles and pouches under the eyes. It can accelerate lymphatic circulation and fluid drainage, which then prevents oedemas and pouches from forming. Face cupping massage also boosts blood circulation, collagen production and skin repair, which then also has a positive effect on dark circles.
5. Try jade or rose quartz rollers.
Rollers are particularly good at relieving swelling, since they have a cooling and relaxing effect on the skin. They can also boost blood and lymph circulation, much like face massage. Additionally, they feel incredible good while using them!
In conclusion, there is no need to worry about dark circles under your eyes because they are harmless. If you really want to get rid of them, you should drink more water and eat less salt, get more and better rest, quit smoking, do facial cupping, and try facial roller for massaging your face.
If you are interested in trying facial cupping and facial massage to reduce dark circles under your eyes, do not hesitate to visit Lierre.ca! We offer wide range of high-quality and professional facial cupping sets as well as facial rollers for you.